Thursday, December 20, 2018

Fool Moon by Jim Butcher ( Book 2: Dresden Files)

Genre: Urban Fantasy
Rating: 5/5 stars

This series is quickly becoming one of my absolute favorites. In this installment, Harry must deal with an influx of werewolves... and not just one kind. He learns from Bob about all the different kinds of werewolves and how to deal with each. He barely manages to escape with his life multiple times, and he has to deal with Murphy being upset with him for keeping secrets from her. Things heat up with Susan as well.
The main thing I love about this series, as I have said before, is how much of a hot mess Harry is. He isn't cocky. He isn't a stick in the mud. He isn't boring. He is goofy, but in a totally non-annoying way. The way he thinks about things is very amusing. I really enjoy reading these books. They are light and fun in some ways and dark and ominous in other ways -- a perfect blend. The one thing that I can see might become an issue in this series is how often he nearly dies or runs out of energy. He somehow always manages to scrape by no matter how exhausted or wounded he is, which does come across as a little unrealistic. But hey, it's fiction!
I'll be reading the rest as soon as I can get my hands on them!

Purchase HERE 

No comments:

Post a Comment