Tuesday, November 13, 2018

The Silver Skull by L.J. Clarkson (Book 3 in the Mastermind Academy Series)

Genre: Middle Grade Fantasy
Rating: 3.5
It has been a while since I read the first two in this series, but I remember feeling sort of enchanted with the overall world and cast of characters. I thought I would pick this up for a light read in-between some larger books.
I did like this book, but as other reviewers have said, it had sort of a different feeling than the others. I really liked getting to see things from Boldrick's perspective. I think he and Esme are probably my favorite characters. I was disappointed that things go so poorly between Isabelle and Lyandra in this book, and I was disappointed to not see that resolve. I like her new friend Rega, and the bodyguard added some fun too. I am still loving the technology and magic aspect of these books! It's very creative. I thought the thing with Bianca at the end was odd and sort of came out of nowhere. I wish we would have seen a better resolution to the whole book, but cliffhangers certainly aren't the end of the world! I haven't seen an indication that book five is on its way anytime soon though. :(
Not a bad book. There were some odd inconsistencies/errors and it did seem like all the characters were kind of all over the place emotionally. I will probably end up reading the Christmas book and the prequel about Boldrick since I like him a lot! 

Purchase HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment