Monday, November 19, 2018

Storm Front by Jim Butcher (Book 1: Dresden Files)

Genre: Urban Fantasy
Rating: 5 stars +
I can't believe I waited so long to start this series. I have heard quite a few people recommend it throughout the years, so I bought a copy and set it aside. I am more than blown away by this book and am now eagerly searching for hardcover copies of each book in the series.
I was truly hooked from the first page. The wit and pace of this book is truly terrific. Sometimes books that are supposed to be funny and witty come across as pretentious and annoying. But Harry Dresden isn't annoying. Reading this book was honestly a totally delightful experience. I would have finished it in one sitting if I would have had the time to do so. It's very engaging and, even with the dark content it has, almost lighthearted. Harry Dresden is unlike many protagonists I have encountered. He sort of comes across as a hot mess. He's not a billionaire. He doesn't possess any truly staggering supernatural abilities. He seems down to earth, approachable, and fun.
The supernatural elements of this book are not terribly unique, but the world is rich and I am eager to learn more about it. I am looking forward to reading more about the White Council, the Nevernever, and other things he mentioned but we didn't truly get to see. From what I hear, the series only just gets better and better, and I am already a total fan. 

This is one of my FAVORITE books this year! 
Purchase HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment