Saturday, October 6, 2018

The Scorch Trials by James Dashner

Genre: Dystopian/Thriller/Horror
Rating: 5+ stars

This is one of the best books I have read recently, and I enjoyed it even more than the first book in the series.
It was totally full of action and surprises from the very first page. There was almost never a dull moment, and I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. If I would have been able to, I would have read this in one sitting (super rare for me to be that interested in a book.) I think the pace, the writing, and the storyline were all more interesting than the first book (and I LOVED the first book!)
I am pretty perplexed by all the negative reviews. I suppose people were disappointed that we didn't get all the answers about WICKED? We did get quite a lot of new information in my opinion, and I didn't have any expectation that this would truly resolve the storyline since it is book two of three in a series. Now, if James Dashner pulls a Lemony Snicket and things don't get resolved, I am going to majorly ticked off. But I am confident things will wrap up well in the Death Cure. I'm more than eager to get started on that one.
I bought a few more books from this author. I love how unique this series is, and I can tell that his writing has improved since the first book. :-)

Purchase HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment