Saturday, October 6, 2018

The King's Warrior by Frost Kay

Genre: Fantasy
Rating: 5 stars

We have come a long way with Sage, Tehl, and the others. In this book, Sage has just been rescued from the Scythian warlord Zane. As she, Jasmine, and Blaise recover physically, they must also recover mentally and emotionally. Sage and Tehl are able to connect in a way they never have before, and Sam makes a huge decision regarding his future. Meanwhile, war with Scythia looms, and Sage, Tehl, and King Marq attempt to secure the help of neighboring regions against Scythia.


This is probably my favorite book from Frost Kay so far. The character development in this series is really phenomenal. I didn't really like Sage in the first few books, but this book had me totally engaged the whole way. I am beginning to understand Sage a little better, and I was happy to see her gain a little bit of stability in this book. It's very emotionally driven, and I enjoyed the experience of reading it. I really felt the emotions of the conversations in this book. The best part about this book was the relationship growth of Tehl and Sage. Sage has been through SO much - it's kind of unreal how much she has been abused -- so it has been very interesting to see how that has affected her.
I liked that there were a few more perspectives included in this book (which is weird because normally it kind of bugs me when there are too many POVs).
I'm certainly invested in this series, and I am truly looking forward to seeing how things go in the next book. 


Purchase HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment