Thursday, July 12, 2018

High Voltage by Karen Marie Moning

Each and every one of KMM's books has that way of drawing me in and totally consuming me, and this one was no exception. I thought the story wrapped up rather nicely in Feversong, but of course there is always room for more adventures. I have been thinking about Dani's evolution a lot, and it makes me even more impressed with the writing the more I think about it.
Iced was my favorite book in this universe because we got to get inside Dani's head, and it was a RIDE. I will confess that I was somewhat bummed out with the Jada transition, and I found her to be a lot less likeable than Dani. In this book, we get a very unique blend of the two. The old fun-loving Dani is really just gone, but she isn't as icy as Jada. We get a better, deeper glimpse into her past. The first 1/3 of the book or more is very slow and sad (I was starting to get a little disappointed actually). She is doing her thing along in Dublin in the absence of almost everyone she loves. When the other "return," things pick up rather quickly, and the book becomes mind-blowingly awesome. Things with Ryodan FINALLY get hotter. Without any spoilers, this book definitely went in a direction that I didn't expect but should have seen coming.
I love the timeless feeling of all these characters, and I would read 100 more books in this universe! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment